- Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Compassion is the basis of morality.
- Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things
- Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.
- Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure.
- The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience.
- One should use common words to say uncommon things
- Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.
- A sense of humour is the only divine quality of man
- A high degree of intellect tends to make a man unsocial.
- Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.
- Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude
- Without books the development of civilization would have been impossible
- Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.
- Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection.
Favorite Arthur Schopenhauer Quotes
Not as dark as you might think