- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Always do what you are afraid to do.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- I cannot remember the books I’ve read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.
- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.
- When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
- It is not the length of life, but the depth.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
- Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.
- Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously.
- Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.
- If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
Favorite Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes
If you ever need encouragment before you go out and chop wood.